Basketball Recruiting

Syracuse basketball cracks 4-star power forward Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree’s top 8

Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree, a 6-foot-8 Class of 2017 big man, listed Syracuse as one of his top choices, according to Pat Lawless of MADE Hoops.

Cosby-Roundtree’s list also includes Atlantic Coast Conference foe Miami and national champion Villanova, as well as Seton Hall, Virginia Commonwealth, Providence, Xavier and Temple.

The Neumann-Goretti (Pennsylvania) High School product is listed on ESPN.com as a center, but on 247Sports.com and Scout.com as a power forward. He is listed between 195 and 210 pounds on various recruiting sites as well.

With the recent transfers of sophomore guard Kaleb Joseph and junior forward Chinonso Obokoh, Syracuse now has three available scholarships heading into the 2016-17 season.

The Orange has offers out to two Class of 2016 big men Taurean Thompson and Cheickna Dembele. Cosby-Roundtree was Syracuse’s eighth Class of 2017 offer, fourth in the frontcourt.

If Cosby-Roundtree were to commit to the Orange, barring any redshirts, transfers or early departures for the NBA Draft, he’d join a frontcourt of then-junior forwards Tyler Lydon and Matthew Moyer as well as then-junior center, Providence transfer Paschal Chukwu. Tyler Roberson and Dajuan Coleman are expected to use their last year of eligibility next season.

Syracuse offered Cosby-Roundtree on Sept. 14, 2015 along with his teammate, 5-foot-11 point guard Quade Green. The Orange has previously had two Neumann-Goretti teammates unite in the Carrier Dome with Rick Jackson and Scoop Jardine.

The Philadelphia native is not ranked in ESPN’s top 60 for the Class of 2017.

Cosby-Roundtree’s high school is currently 27-4 and, according to MaxPreps.com, ranks as No. 18 in the nation.